The Inverted Monument Arena (the glorified game board) holds an infinite number of game boards interchangably. At present, however; it has only one board to go in the table. (That board is set up for chess/checkers and scrabble.)
Therefore, PLAY parlour will now be accepting any board that fits in this table and makes use of the underlighting the table provides. The board you build can support any game you want to make (PLAY parlour, of course, reserves the right to refuse a game for any reason, but I can’t think why we would exercise that right.)
Here’s how to make sure your game fits the criteria:
- The piece you submit needs to be 34-1/4” square. 3/8” depth brings the surface up to the same level as the wood border (but there’s no inherent need to limit your board to that).
- PLAY parlour will provide you with a piece of plexiglass cut to this size for you to build off of, just contact us and let us know your vague plans.
- Be sure that the bottom of the board is totally flat (so it won’t scratch the plate glass it sits on.
- The board needs to have a way (like handles) to place it in the Arena and take it out. (the space is recessed, so we can’t just push it off)
- Send any questions and schedule your delivery via email to PLAYparlourPGH@gmail.com.